Sunday, January 9, 2011

Now some Crafts!


Well Some of you are most likely thinking "where is the crafts in this blog" Well Don't worrie I do have crafts to post, lol after all my blog is named "My Crafts and kids".

In this Entry I will show you a few things I'm working on. as I LOVE to crochet, it's my Relaxation and Reprieve from the Stress of my life, having 5 children (6 if you count husband) is not easy, After all I'm a wife, mother, maid,Dr,Ref,Handyman(yup hubby is SOOO not a Mr. fix it). accountant,Cook and a hole host of everything else a mom is. There are days I sit down in my chair only to be beckon 20 seconds later> "MOMMMMMMMM" or "HONEYYYYYY".

Now I am a stay at home mom, wich is cool, I can get most my "wifely/mommmy" Duities done when my kids are in school, But with most my backpain and other pain(that is a hole other post). It makes it hard to do much in 1 day. so I break it up.
EVERY morning It's the kitchen, as if you ask me that is the one place that gets Messed up faster when your a family of 7. I then try to do other small odd jobs before lunch.

after that I get to sit and kick my feet up, pop on the computer and pull up my favorite pattern or whatever project i'm working on.


The Project you see pictured is a awesome pattern I got on Etsy.com I was givin permission by the designer to blog about it and Link you to her wonderful pattern so you may purchase a copy yourself if you like what you see.

it's Called the Crocodile stitch shawl. she also has other items you can make with this stitch. The Stitch is Pretty Simple once you get the hand of it.
now i recommend not using WW (worsted weight) yarn. as it's thicker and it takes away from the effects of the shawl. I only used Worsted Weight because it's what I have on hand to Play with the pattern.

So if you would like to try this pattern yourself Plz click below and it will take you to her Etsy.com Shop

(click here)

Now if your thinkin "oh I will just use WW yarn anyway.. here is a Exert from The Designer herself.. when she replied to my Email,

" yes... RUN from Worsted Weight to work the shawl. If you are working the shawl, I would strongly recommend that you use mohair fingering yarn, because it is a large piece and you want the shawl to drape well and be light on your shoulders. The yarn I used, Paton Lace is readily available in major crafts stores (A.C. Moore, Jo Ann Fabrics, etc.) it is quite affordable and has some beautiful color schemes like the white/light Grey/dark Grey/black shawl (Paton Lace in Patina)showcased in other pictures in my shop." ~bonitapatterns

With that said.. If you look at my Shawl I have started you will see that mine is not as "fluffy" I guess you can say as hers. because I did not use the Thinner Finger weight yarn like she recommends,

But Trust me This pattern is Simple once you get the hang of it. I can not Waite to get the correct yarn for this wonderful pattern!!!

***PLZ NOTE DO NOT EMAIL ME ASKING ME TO SEND YOU A COPY OF THIS OR ANY PATTERN I PAID FOR, IF IT IS A FREE PATTERN I WILL LET U KNOW AND LINK YOU TO IT.***

No comments:

Post a Comment