Sunday, January 9, 2011

Batten down the hatches!!


Well Looks like old man winter has it in for Georgia!.. so that means. mass Hysteria! lol. at least in my lil out of the way town, Schools are already talking about Closing schools down, and it's not even started to even rain let alone snow.
Guess I'll have to live down here a few more years to truly understand why they freek out when they hear that Dirty 4 letter S word (S.n.o.w)

I grew up in Upstate ny where it took at least a foot or more of snow for schools to even Think about snow. there was a joke about when it snowed that they determined school closing by if the superintendent slide down a hill on his butt. If he slid.> NO SCHOOL.. if he didn't slide. Then we had school LOL.

But here in ga. all they have to do is say snow and schools put out mass pre-recorded messages to look out for possibility of School closures,
So while I sit here and waite to see what happens in the next 24 hours. I will not worrie as I'm from NY I know how to handle myself in this weather, it's the Georgians who don't that i'm worried about. lol.

but My kids do not have school Mondays anyway so not like it will be a big deal, our pre-recorded call was to inform us "we may close school Tuesday if it snows Monday"
ummmm yea you do that.

Don't get me wrong Snow is "ok" just as long as it is not snowing where I live LOL!. I left NY to get away from this wet and cold demon lol. so while I sit here and stay warm in my VERY PRETTY I MAY SAY> Pink robe with Green, pink,brown and blue Polkadots!> (yea i bet you want a picture of me in it eh) ok. here is one commin up :) I am not sure where it will post most likely at the top. and the lil munchkin with me is my Darling 5 yr old Cheyenne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment